Please be advised the last BETA version of our ReDistributable VM v.0.8 is not currently available and needs some work and updating. Our team is working on it and we hope to release the update in October 2016.
Project Ainita is launching a beta program, for sharing our technologies to circumvent the filtering and censorship with the public. We have chosen the open source OpenVPN as the platform, because of flexibility and scalability needed to address the very technically challenging problem of Internet senatorship in Iran. We have chosen to share the abilities we have with the public, to encourage others to run their own servers and by doing so, we can have a much grater impact in the community and provide many more people with what we have learned.
Now, you can download and setup your own server with our modifications on OpenVPN platform, pre-configured and ready to go! You are going to need:
- A rental VPS somewhere in a datacenter outside Iran. You can rent a VPS as low as 5$ a month. We recommend leaseweb or digital ocean in Netherlands.
- You need 512megabytes of Ram and 25 Gigabytes of storage.
- A valid IP address for your server, DNS and gateway.
All you need to do, is to download the Virtual Machine Template file, import it to your server, and run a short wizard the first time you run a server.
Setting up server:
- Download the Virtual Machine OVA template file from here. ( Attention: File Size 922 Megabytes )
- Import and deploy deploy the OVA template. Almost any datacenter on the planet can import OVA files, regardless of their virtualization engine.
- Run the server, and wait till CentOS boots up.
- Login using ( user: root password: masterage )
- Run the command: system-config-network-tui
- Configure network interface parameters (IP address, Subnet, Gateway, DNS and etc…) It was a very easy setup environment.
- Reboot the VM.
Your server is up and running!
Setting up client:
- Download and unzip the config file from here.
- Open the configuration file and in the 4th line, change xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with your new VM IP address. Do not change and remove anything else.
- Import the setting file in your client, and connect using the user: ainita password: masterage
Congratulations! You have now your own server. :)
Now, you may need to add more users to your server.
here is how to login to your user management environment:
- You can login to the IBSng RADIUS environment at in your browser at: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/IBSng/admin ( type your server IP address instead of the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx )
- Login using user: system password: masterage
- Now you can add new users, delete or modify them, see online users, etc.
Very Important Notes:
- We STRONGLY recommend you change all the passwords ( server password, IBSng login, and default user password ).
- You also can change RSA Secret which is now set on ” masterage ” if needed.
- You can buy and install a valid SSL certificate, in order not to get SSL errors and also increase your security.
- This Virtual Server has been setup on UDP protocol, with some modifications in settings to make sure it works through the Iranian filetering system. You can check our website for periodic settings updates, and also you can contact us at info [at] ainita.net if you needed more information or further limited help.
- PLEASE NOTE THIS SERVER APPLIANCE IS A PUBLIC BETA AND IS BEING RELEASED “AS IS” FOR PUBLIC FEEDBACK. IT COMES WITH NO GUARANTEE IN IT’S FUNCTION OR SECURITY, IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.